Sunday, November 29, 2009
My posting frequency continues to degrade here. I appear to be struggling to post once a month these days. But I do tweet something to Twitter on a daily basis. Probably best to follow me there.
This weekend I returned to Oregon from my cross-country, family-visiting Thanksgiving journey. I had a great time catching up with family and old friends. It was also the first Thanksgiving since my senior year of high school (1996) that I was present for dinner with my mom and siblings. That was nice. I guess I’ll have to wait to break out the “Lazy man’s Thanksgiving dinner for two” until Christmastime this year.
In addition to the many links I have posted via Twitter lately, below are a few more items I’ve liked (or found interesting) since late October.
- Alan Moore to write libretto for Gorillaz duo
- The first issue of Alan Moore’s Dodgem Logic zine is out
- Nice: All About Comic Sans – History, Examples and Best Practices
- Norism: Commercialism by Nori Sato
- Cool pencil art: Jennifer Maestre Sculpture
- The World’s Greatest TreeHouse
Creepy animals and science
- Beautiful and Terrifying Creatures From The Edge Of Light (also see: Bloodybelly Comb Jelly)
- BPA is in everything: Tests Find Wide Range of Bisphenol A in Canned Soups, Juice, and More
- Crazy animated music video: “Mani Malaikat” by Arrington de Dionyso
- Ah, the memories: Epic moment in Music Festival history @ Sasquatch 2009. A couple started having sex on the hill during The Decemberists’ awesome set. This song is “The Wanting Comes in Waves / Repaid.” This was on Saturday, May 23 at The Gorge Amphitheatre, WA (also see my Sasquatch! 2009 review)
- A nice history: Know Your Meme: Auto-Tune. Worth mentioning: KRS-One’s anti-Auto-Tune anthem “Robot” is quite tasty
My friend Warren made a Prisoner jacket for himself for Halloween this year. He took a navy blue blazer and sewed some white piping (white bias) around the edges. Looked pretty good, but it’s still tempting to buy an Official Prisoner Replica Jacket, to be used for all future interviews, weddings and funerals.
Keanu Reeves is immortal
I found this amusing: Keanu Reeves is immortal.
DIY automated sentry gun
I would like to reiterate something I posted to Twitter a few weeks ago: I require a sentry gun to monitor the kitchen counters with a water pistol, accompanied by audio of Cartman yelling, “No Kitty! Bad Kitty!” This article was the inspiration for the idea: “This DIY Automated Sentry Gun Looks Terrifyingly Easy To Build.” That, plus living with housecats.